Overview of the Damariscotta Lake Writers’ Conference
What your tuition covers:
- Conference tuition
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, water, soda (If you have any special dietary needs, please let us know in advance)
- Transportation between Kieve and Hog Island (Audubon)
- Single occupancy room with bedding and bath towel. Bring your own swim "beach" towel
- Access to swimming, kayaking, canoeing etc.
- Does NOT cover transportation to or from the conference. If you are flying into Portland, for a nominal fee we will coordinate picking up a number of conference attendees in one of our camp vans
Dates Aug 4-9 2013
|Sunday, Aug 4– Friday 9||Conference Dates
Arrive no later than 5 PM on Sunday the 4th
|May 1st||Completed Applications Received or Postmarked|
|May 30th||Applicants will be notified of the DLWC's decisions|
|June 1st||Payment due in full for admitted applicants
(credit cards accepted or checks payable to Kieve-Wavus Education - DLWC)
Housekeeping and Ground Rules:
- Although we love dogs, please don't bring your pets.
- Kieve is a smoke free campus.
- We hope to establish and preserve a quiet environment, so—though we love music—we thank you in advance for understanding why we cannot accomodate instruments or provide practice space.
- Rooms at the Kennedy Learning Center are designed to be double occupancy (view some pics at KLC photos) but for the conference they are all single occupancy - rates could possibly be reduced if you would like to share with a roommate.
“Luxuriously long blocks of writing time are critical to the success of the week, and everything else revolved around that idea. This is the first writing conference I've attended that had its priorities in order.” (Adelaide)