Next Generation - Buildings and Infrastructure
Over the past six years we have built new cabins, infrastructure and program space to make our campuses energy efficient and ready for three and four season program-ming.
We are now fine-tuning our needs for additional programming and indoor space on both campuses.
Key areas to be addressed:
Jewell Lodge needs an extensive renovation of the historic Lodge on the Wavus campus:
- Increase seating capacity
- Improve heating, water and ventilation systems
- Increase energy efficiency
- Expand and reconfigure the kitchen, bathrooms and dishwashing area
- Renovate the wilderness trip packing and storage facilities
- Expand and reconfigure the administrative and mail room spaces
- Add an off-duty staff gathering/resting area
- Add more covered porches
Kieve and Wavus infrastructure:
- Relocate Kieve access road and Wavus road network to protect from erosion, storm water run-off and improve pedestrian access.
Finish construction of the multi-use Wavus cabin with program space:
- Finish constructing the interior of the new fully winterized multi-use cabin for 34 campers and 8 counselors plus program space (the exterior shell was completed in June 2010)
Kieve office & Welcome Center:
- Originally designed as a single family home, the Kieve office and Welcome Center is busting at the seams to provide an efficient and professional working and welcoming environment.
- We need to renovate to accommodate our growth.
Please help us with our campus building and infrastructure projects by sending us a generous check to: Kieve-Wavus Education, Inc., PO Box 169 - Nobleboro, ME 04555 or to make a secure online gift, click here.